Newsletter - September
THE VERTICAL TEAM GOES ON
With the beginning of spring, all outdoor activities are reactivated, including accompanying the first tourists who begin to visit the area.
During September, the Vertical team carried out the following activities:
– Assistance in the assembly of the large tent and tensile structure in Placeta, together with the Maipue team.
– Cleaning of the sectors that will be used for the construction of the Weatherhaven Camp platforms.
– Celebration of National Holidays with Mr. Lalo and the fjord community.
– Presentation of a commemorative medal, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the military intervention, to all the residents of the fjord.
– Maintenance and preparation of trails in general, after a storm that left the trails significantly battered.
– Reception of the first two groups of tourists in Placeta.
– Coordination of future educational programs in Vodudahue in conjunction with Fundación Chilco.
NEW STAGES FOR THE VIA FERRATA
Stages three and four of the Via Ferrata remain in the pipeline, which is expected to be completed in the coming months, in addition to the lifting of the general signage in compliance with the European safety standard.
Meanwhile, the Vertical team has been working on the renovation and construction of the new stainless steel stairs, located in the vertical wooden stair area, on the way to the Douglas Point Dome security camp.
WEATHERHAVEN CAMP AND PLACETA
During September, the Placeta staff cleared the areas to be used by the camp. In October, the construction company is expected to begin work on the platforms, and then the installation of the Weatherhaven camps will begin, with assistance from the Weatherhaven staff.
SPECIAL INTEREST TOURISM
Given the interest that Vodudahue arouses for lovers of adventure and climbing tourism, Vertical has been offering education and adventure programs to different organizations, to organize guided trekking and mountaineering tours. Wharton Leadership Ventures is expected to repeat the 2023 experience in March 2024.
Also, conversations with schools have been moving forward, to offer them a visit to Placeta as a study tour; and with companies and foundations for consulting and coaching programs.
All these programs will be carried out through the Vertical platform, initially assisting the Placeta team according to the needs contemplated by each program.